- What is D-FF?
- What is the basic difference between Latches and Flip flops?
- What is a multiplexer?
- How can you convert an SR Flip-flop to a JK Flip-flop?
- How can you convert an JK Flip-flop to a D Flip-flop?
- What is Race-around problem? How can you rectify it?
- Which semiconductor device is used as a voltage regulator and why?
- Explain an ideal voltage source?
- Explain zener breakdown and avalanche breakdown?
- What are the different types of filters?
- What is the need of filtering ideal response of filters and actual response of filters?
- What is sampling theorem?
- What is impulse response?
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of FIR filters compared to IIR counterparts.
- What is CMRR?
- Explain half-duplex and full-duplex communication?
- Which range of signals is used for terrestrial transmission?
- Why is there need for modulation?
- Which type of modulation is used in TV transmission?
- Why we use vestigial side band (VSB-C3F) transmission for picture?
- When transmitting digital signals is it necessary to transmit some harmonics in addition to fundamental frequency?
- For asynchronous transmission, is it necessary to supply some synchronizing pulses additionally or to supply or to supply start and stop bit?
- BPFSK is more efficient than BFSK in presence of noise. Why?
- What is meant by pre-emphasis and de-emphasis?
- Explain 3 dB cutoff frequency? Why is it 3 dB, not 1 dB?
- Explain ASCII, EBCDIC?
Tuesday, 3 January 2012
Electronics and communication engineering core interview questions
Posted by Sudheep R Chandran at 06:00