TPC Limited, India's largest power company contributed nearly one third of the country's entire power generation during the year 2010-2011 and plans to become a 128 GW power company by 2032. It invites application from eligible candidates for recruitment as Graduate Engineer Trainee.
Name of the post and Number of Vacancies
Graduate Engineer Trainee: 300 vacancies (Mechanical 89, Electrical 112, Instrumentation 31, Civil 38, and Electronics 30)
- Opening date for online application through GATE 2012 registration number: 6 January 2012
- Last date for online application through GATE 2012 registration number: 26 January 2012
- Date of GATE 2012 (Offline) Examination: 12 February 2012
- Electrical Engineering: Full time Degree in Engineering in Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics/ Electrical, Instrumentation & Control/ Power Systems & High Voltage/ Power Electronics/ Power Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering: Full time Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Mechanical/ Production/ Industrial Engg/ Production & Industrial Engg/ Thermal/ Mechanical & Automation/ Power Engineering.
- Civil Engineering: Full time regular Degree in Civil Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering: Full time Degree in Electronics & Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Control.
- Electronics Engineering: Full time Degree in Electronics/ Electronics & Telecommunication/ Electronics & Power/ Power Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electrical & Electronics.
Age Limit (as on 1 January 2012): Maximum 27 years
Application Fee: No registration fee will be charged from candidates applying for NTPC Ltd.
Pay Scale: Rs 24900-3%-50500 at the basic pay of Rs 24900 during one-year training. These candidates will be absorbed after successful completion of training as Engineer/ Officer in the pay scale of Rs 24900-3%-50500 at a basic pay of Rs 25650.
Selection Procedure: Eligible candidates will have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2012. Based on the GATE-2012 score and requirement, candidates will be short listed for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks in GD & interview.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates who had applied for GATE 2012 should wait for their admit cards to get the GATE registration number. On receipt of GATE registration number, the candidates need to apply to on-line for NTPC ET-2012 on the websitehttp://www.ntpccareers.net/ After successful registration, system will generate a Unique Application Number. Candidates are required to keep the printout of the Application slip which will be generated by the system after successful registration.